Tuesday, November 11, 2008

disappointed.

My brother's actions have once again surpassed ridiculousness! :(
I know he will upset many...but do his actions upset me? (Ponder a moment) No.

Is it horrible to say his faults have become my reassurance? This reassurance of not having to feel bad anymore about not believing in him. Everytime this has happened, it's the same song and dance. I would stand with my family and "support" him- each time never really believing that "he will actually make a change...that maybe this time he will take the high road" (*clarification: not literally the "high" road). I get some sort of sick self-satisfaction knowing that I was right and everyone who had hope and believed in him was wrong.

But
That statement makes me sad. Because I know with my sense of satifaction comes a world full of hurt for those who were made fools, yet again.

Maybe it's just not his time yet.
There is a plan for him...
I just have zero hope for whatever it is.
That way,
I won't have to be
disappointed...




Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
-Robert Frost