Monday, November 17, 2008

Clear the clutter...

I went up to Fresno this weekend to visit the brothers and Tracy. I was so excited for the trip and couldn't wait to hang with the family! Here's a small recap:

My adventures began with a wake up time of 4am Saturday morning. And man was that rough since I was tossing and turning from 2:00 til about 3:15...ugggh! So, with the santa anas blowing and the sky still dark, I was on the road, up to Fresno, on my way, wouldn't be long now....

...or so I thought!

A small fire in the Placerita Canyon closed up the 5 freeway from the 210 all the way to magic mountain. So...I did what any girl this day in age would do- I busted out my map! No, not my tomtom or magellan or gps system...a map, a good ol' fashioned map. I manuevered my way back to the 101 and took it up the coast aways and crossed over back to the 5 at magic moutain.
I thought I was taking some super secret way through- but seemed like everyone else found my super secret way also and there was a TON of traffic. 5 and 1/2 hours later, I eventually got up to Frenso- wearing my bulldog red and ready to tailgate.

I guess I picked a great weekend to come up because Duncan's work was having a HUGE tailgate party- open bar and TONS of yummy food! Duncan and Tracy, Adam, Adam Wells, Brett and Erik, and Tracy's friends Bree and Ryan all were there! We had a few extremely strong drinks before we headed into the game...for a little while! Good times... don't know who won- but that's not really important!

After that was sushi and then back to Adam's for a dance party! So much fun...even though it was just me and Tracy and my brothers running around Adam's living room like lil kids on christmas. We had some pretty banging dance moves, I must say! :) It was such a long day so I went back to D's and T's and spent the night! Woke up the next morning, chatted with them a bit and then was on my way home. It was a quick trip but soooo much fun! (Tracy, how come we didn't take pictures???)

But I must say...after such a stressful drive up there- Yay for American Ambulance and their open bar!!! :)

I am so fortunate to be able to do things like take trips to visit my brothers and sisters. This is the second weekend in a row visiting family (San Diego trip to visit Meg, Robyn, Chels and Carrie Underwood was last weekend) and I have had the best times!!! Just goes to show how important it is to never take these times for granted. Life's short and the most needs to be made of it! I love my family and without them, I'd be lost!

The more and more life gets cluttered up with busy schedules, the harder it is to make time for what's important! It's hard to plan things ahead of time and actually follow through with them...but if you don't, the clutter will take over. Clear the clutter and fill your calendar with what's important! :)

Hmmmm...what's next?
Next weekend- I'm off to the desert to visit my 8 and a half months-pregnant-with-twins BFF. I can't wait....even if I do have to drive out there alone!!! :)

Ok...this is just getting ridiculously long!
Until next time!

2 comments:

Tracy Reid said...

we did take pictures! I have quite a few from the tailgate and game...darn strong drinks:)

p.s. found out yesterday that my brother Phillip and Cybil are having...TWINS!! This is her second set of twins:) Crazy!!

mons meg said...

how fun!!!! im so sad i missed the fun fresno weekend. at least we will all get to be together for thanksgiving :)