Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gift giving

This is the greatest time of the year! Personally, I hate the cold weather (if you consider 60 degrees cold). But I LOVE how high everyone's spirit is! They seem a little lighter on their feet, a little more bounce in their step- if you will! Thank goodness I haven't had to step near a mall- maybe that's why I'm still satisfied thinking there actually is christmas cheer.

Buying gifts for our family has always been a huge task. Having such a large family can turn xmas shopping into more of a chore than a "desire to give". This year I feel I've given myself enough time to really think about gifts to give to people. I love giving more personalized gifts than simply what people want on their list. After all, it's the thought put into that gift that counts! :)
I just figured out what I'm getting my brother Adam for xmas and I am soooo excited to see his face on xmas morning. As for the rest of the fam, the creative juices are flowing and I am ready to find fun and exciting things to give them too!

Happy shopping/gift giving...and remember one thing while you're out battling the crowds: remember that this is a time to be joyful!

1 comment:

mons meg said...

well said! i did all my christmas shopping online this year and it was fabulous. boo for crowds. now im going to go to the mall with morgan and people watch :)