Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Amazing...

I was balancing my checkbook the other day after all my christmas shopping was over and done with. When I finally came up with the balance, I was a little nervous about the little amount I had left to last me through the year. I immediately started to panic and wondered if there were things I could return that I didn't really need to get! But I couldn't give anything up...I was excited about the presents I was giving and didn't want to cut any corners.
I could have freaked out about the financial situation (or lack there of in this case), but I decided to just sit it out and see where the week takes me until I get paid again. I mean, there really wasn't anything I could have done to change it right? So, why worry? Or at least why worry right now?
Yesterday, I was handed a check for $100 from my company- a christmas bonus I guess! Whatever it was....it was miracle! God is amazing! Now, I know he didn't just throw money in my lap because I was struggling...I think he knew where my heart was this season! This is really all about giving and the absolute joy of it!
Amazing...now I can relax and enjoy the time with my family and friends!
Happy Wrapping!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

God is good... Whenever I'm freaked out about my finances, something always comes my way to float me through. For me, it's usually a music gig. I'm glad you're able to make it to the end of the year with your bonus. It was good to see you this Christmas!