Thursday, April 30, 2009

Kids these days...

Wednesday night is bowling night. Clay and I pack up our bowling balls (yes, we now both have our own!) and head to the alley to meet up with the rest of the crew! In the midst of our first game, a young girl about 12 years old comes to our lane selling candy bars. Of course, we give her the business. Who can resist chocolate? :) I ask her what she's selling candy bars for and she says she's raising money to go to Disneyland. After that response, I was immediately interested in helping her out! I bought a candy bar and got a little bit of attitude because I only bought one! ha But I told her to have a great time at Disneyland! She collects her money from my friends and I and scurries off to the other end of the bowling alley. Later that night, Clay came back from the restroom only to report that he had seen that same little girl at the claw machine (where you try and claw the stuffed animals) digging money out of the candy bar box. Hmmm...now that's going to be one pissed off mom who has to pay for the box of candy bars because her daughter couldn't resist the bright pink elephant amongst a sea of fuzz and fur! Not only that, I feel ripped off now- I was giving money to support a trip to Disneyland, not to be wasted at the bowling alley. Geesh...kids these days! Never know the true value of the dollar!

Oh man...I'm getting old!

No comments: