Thursday, May 6, 2010

OSCAR CHALLENGE ~ The Blind Side

So, after all the hooplah with Sandra Bullock and her grimy soon-to-be ex-husband- I decided to check out her Oscar winning performance in The Blind Side. While I was housesitting for my parents, I decided to watch it one night...while I was alone, since I heard it was pretty sappy- haha! It is definitely a feel-good type of movie and it shows that there are still good people that exist in the world. No pre-judgements, no questions, just love and the desire to make the world a better place for someone less fortunate. It is sad to think of how much talent is out there in the world that may go unnoticed solely due to the lack of opportunity. Once the main character, Micheal, was given the oppotunity to excel, his hard work and determination got him to places he never imagined. The movie had a great message and it's no wonder it was nominated for an Oscar.
Still haven't seen Precious- that HAS to be my next one!

1 comment:

mons meg said...

be careful watching precious...i heard it makes you want to punch someone in the face