Sunday, January 17, 2010

How quickly they grow up...

How come it seems that when I was in high school, I felt much older and more mature than what I picture my little sister to be? I can't believe it's already half way through her junior year of high school. I can't believe she is as old as I was when I picture things happening my junior year. But whether we like it or not, they grow up so fast these days. Sometimes they don't even realize it and life happens before they even know it! And all you can do is hope that these kids have gotten the foundation to make good decisions. They don't realize how important their upbringing will influence the choices they make- but some day it will become apparent. I am thankful for every tiny influence Victoria has picked up from her parents. Unfortuately, her mother lost an extremely intense and long battle to cancer and will no longer be here to teach Victoria new things. However, Kathy's imprint is on V's heart forever. I see it every day in her and I am so thankful for the days she was here to influence us all to be a better person.
High school can be a scary place- and I had my doubts that Victoria would make it through untainted- but she has proven me wrong....a few times and continues to do so! And I couldn't be more proud! I can't wait to see what lies ahead for her...Although her mom's not physically here, I know she's watching over V and thinking the exact same thing!
Live Laugh Love.

1 comment:

Tracy Reid said...

You are such a wonderful big sister! Victoria is an amazing girl, every time I'm around her she impresses me! Love ya Cookers!